One of the most energy efficient operating window styles is the awning. Awning windows from the “American Classic Collection” close tightly within the frame and against strategically placed weather seals.
The multi-point locking system holds the sash tightly in place to repel the harshest weather. The casement pulls cross breezes into the home while awning units protect the open window from falling rain.
- Fusion welded frames and sashes for air and water tight unitized construction.
- Internal chambers of frame and sash filled with polyurethane foam for an R-25 insulation value.
- Perimeter bulb seals creates a tight and true seal.
- Multi-point locking system for a tight seal.
- Maintenance free vinyl surfaces available in multiple colors.
- Elegant beveled exterior for superior curb side appeal.
- Heavy duty vinyl extrusions for durability and strength.
- 7/8″ insulated glass for optimal insulating power.
- Heavy duty extruded aluminum screen frame with fiberglass screen mesh deters holes and tears.
- Can be horizontally mulled together in twins, triples, or in combination with picture windows
A sophisticated operating mechanism maximizes the sash opening for full ventilation and cleaning. The easy rotating lever moves the sash with a simple, one-handed operation.
When closed and locked, the casement is secured with a multi-point locking system. Multiple pins engage the jamb receivers to compress and hold the sash in place creating a weather tight and secure seal.
With a simple flip of a single action lever, the casement’s locking system is engaged. When fully closed the mechanism activates the multi-point locks and securely anchors the sash in place.
Awning windows are perfect for horizontal openings or areas where the opening may be exposed to rainfall. For large window openings, awning windows may be mulled below a picture window retaining the view outside, but providing protected ventilation down below.