Traditional styling is afforded by the most popular replacement window style – the double hung.
The sash on our double hung windows slides up and down for convenient operation and have a tilt-in feature for easy cleaning. Additionally, the frame and sash of each American Classic Collection double hung window is filled with polyurethane foam, which saves you money by lowering your energy consumption.
Available in a variety of colors and options, the American Classic Collection double hung windows enhance not only the beauty, but the value of your home.
- Fusion welded frame and sash for air and water tight unitized construction.
- Internal chambers of frame and sash filled with polyurethane foam for an R-25 insulation value.
- Perimeter bulb seals creates a tight and true seal.
- Multi-point locking system for a tight seal.
- Maintenance free vinyl surfaces available in multiple colors.
- Elegant beveled exterior for superior curb side appeal.
- Heavy duty vinyl extrusions for durability and strength.
- 7/8″ insulated glass for optimal insulating power.
- Heavy duty extruded aluminum screen frame with fiberglass screen mesh deters holes and tears.
- Can be horizontally mulled together in twins, triples, or in combination with picture windows.
Recessed tilt latches allow easy tilt-in action of sash. Cleaning of both glass surfaces from inside your home is one of the many features of the American Classic Collection window.
Mounted inside the sash, the stealth lock offers maximum closure without the traditional surface mounted hardware. When engaged, the cam lock pulls the sash together for a tight weather seal.
Spring loaded deluxe night latches provide after hours ventilation. When extended, the sash opening is restricted to allow cool breezes to enter the home with limited sash opening. Spring loaded, these night latches are easily operated with a simple finger-tip movement.
Use double hung windows in any application where the height of the opening is greater than the width.
The versatility of the double hung along with its traditional design are ideal for living areas, dining areas, bedrooms and kitchens.